This information only applies if you are uploading an envelope template. Your envelope template must be uploaded in PDF format. Simple envelopes can be created in Ms Word or similar programs then saved as a PDF to be uploaded here. You can use one of our envelope templates from here to get started.
- Full bleed envelopes: This letter printing product only supports not full-bleed envelopes which means you must have at least a ¼” clear margin on all 4 sides. Your envelopes must be ordered separately if you need to use full bleed envelopes with your letters.
- Graphics: All graphics must be included in the uploaded PDF. We highly recommend a minimum of 300 dpi for graphics or your print may not look high quality.
- Addressing zone: This page shows the areas that must be left clear for addressing, USPS barcoding, and postage.
The letter must be in PDF format. If you have a multi-page letter then you’ll need to upload a multi-page PDF, NOT a separate page for each page. If your letter requires mail merging then indicate the location of the merge fields by inserting the field name in <<>>, e.g. <> indicates the location where the first name is to be inserted.
- Full bleed letters must include a minimum of 1/16” bleed on every side.
- Non-full bleed letters must have a minimum of ¼” clear margin on every side.
- Graphics: We highly recommend a minimum of 300 dpi for all graphics or your print job may appear low quality.
- All photos, graphics, signature or other elements need to be included in your letter.
- Mailing date: We will update the mailing date on your letter to the date when the letters are mailed only when the date is located on top 1/3 of page 1 and is on its own line; it cannot be within a sentence. If you prefer to use a date outside the parameters just explained then you will need to set up your date as a merge field inside the merge code such as <> and add this field to your mailing list and populate this field with your desired date. If you chose the “staggered” option, then each drop will be dated based on when it is mailed.
The list must be in CSV format; we do not accept Excel. You will be required to upload your list on the next page after you upload your letter/envelope on this page. You can upload multiple lists and choose all of them to be combined and used for this mailing. You will need to map each column/field in your list for a certain purpose, e.g. you will map your field OWNER_FNAME to “First Name”. All the fields/columns you intend to use in this job must be mapped to a field. If your list has extra fields/column that is not needed for this job; you should leave them mapped as “Don’t include”. See the options below if you have a field in your list that we do not show an exact map name.
- Date related: For instance, you have a field for “expiration date” but we don’t have such a map field. There are three “date” fields called Date1, Date2, Date3 which can be mapped to any date-related field in your list. Therefore you can map “expiration date” to Date1.
- Amount related: Same concept as above. We offer three amount fields (Amount1, Amount2, and Amount3) that can be used to be mapped to any field in your list that is amount-related.
- If you have any additional fields in your list where you don’t find an appropriate map name, then use any of the 10 Misc. fields we have; Misc1 to Misc10.
- If you chose any of the map names (Date, Amount, or Misc) from the above three steps then you must modify the tags in your letter/envelope (the placeholder where the merge fields are to be inserted) to correspond to our “map” names. For instance, if you used the map name Date1 for your “expiration date” then you need to modify the tag for the “expiration date” in the letter to Date1. Essentially you need to tell us where to insert the Date1 in the letter.